- We’re entering the golden age of Hadoop — Cloud Computing News
"Although the first couple years of the commercial Hadoop era have been characterized by an attitude of ‘Hadoop is great, but …’, the tone is changing as Hadoop vendors make the platform more palatable with each iteration."
- VMware Q4 shines: Aims to ‘go beyond cost reduction’ | ZDNet
"VMware delivered a strong fourth quarter and raised its outlook for 2012. CEO Paul Maritz said that the company is working to provide products that ‘go beyond cost reduction’ and deliver ‘competitive value.’"
- Platform-as-a-service next cloud wave, but many feds don’t grasp it — Government Computer News
"Many federal managers don’t understand the platform-as-a-service cloud delivery model and how it can help agencies cut development costs by more than 50 percent, according to a new white paper by NJVC and Virtual Global."
- Next Iteration Of PaaS: Will Amazon Join That Race?
"In the next iteration [of PaaS], the entire action will be centered around the power of data. Instead of data sources being one of the many components of today’s PaaS system, the next iteration of PaaS will be dealing with a more powerful ‘Data as a Service’, which will include data sources, data cleaning tools, data management tools and, more importantly, a very powerful analytics engine."
Great article by Krish on the future of PaaS.
- Rackspace’s cloud going all OpenStack
"A year after Rackspace and NASA unveiled OpenStack, Rackspace is planning to deploy the open source software across its entire cloud infrastructure."
Rackspace’s planned dog-fooding of OpenStack is a good thing for the project and its users.
- What’s in Store for 2012: A Few Predictions
Redmonk’s Stephen O’Grady
Digest powered by RSS Digest