- Deltacloud | Many Clouds. One API. No Problem.
“Start an instance on an internal cloud, then with the same code start another on EC2 or Rackspace. Deltacloud protects your apps from cloud API changes and incompatibilities, so you can concentrate on managing cloud instances the way you want.”
- Is Shakeout in the Cloud Application Platform Industry About to Begin?
Gartner’s Eric Knipp predicts a shakeout in the Cloud Application Platform industry
- Web Developers: Skill Up For Cloud AD Now
“Five or ten years from now, most Web applications will not be developed for “traditional” app servers like Java EE, .NET, ColdFusion, etc. Furthermore, the amount of data developers are used to working with in a relational DB is going to change dramatically – you will be working with ginormous data sets and SQL just won’t cut it anymore. Most likely the tools you are working with today will change dramatically.”
- Using the XMPP service – Google App Engine
- VMware cloud initiative raises vendor lock-in concerns [InfoWorld]
“VMware talks a good game about interoperability, but its cloud initiative threatens to introduce a type of vendor lock-in that rival virtualization vendors claim they would not impose.”
- <a href="http://www.scribd.com/doc/19423736/Building-a-Private-Cloud-in-One-Hour-" onclick="__gaTracker('send', 'event', 'outbound-article', 'http://www.scribd visit site.com/doc/19423736/Building-a-Private-Cloud-in-One-Hour-‘, ‘Building a Private Cloud in One Hour’);” rel=”external”>Building a Private Cloud in One Hour
John Willis’ notes on building a private cloud in one hour using Ubuntu/Eucalyptus
Digest powered by RSS Digest.