Date: May 20, 2016
Host: Sam Charrington
Description: Every week I end the week with close to 100 tabs filled with stories — some good, some not so good — spanning all corners of the cloud computing, big data, machine learning and AI web. I thought it would be useful to bring you the best of these stories in a weekly podcast. I have no idea whether this will be sustainable or not — this first episode took a lot of work — but let’s run with it and see what happens.
Here are the notes for this week’s stories:
AI Tech Front and Center at Google I/O
- Google I/O 2016 Keynote
- I/O: Building the next evolution of Google
- Google supercharges machine learning tasks with TPU custom chip
- Nvidia creates a 15B-transistor chip for deep learning
Deep Learning Part of Amazon’s Destiny
- Amazon open-sources its own deep learning software, DSSTNE
Uber’s Autonomous Boom Box Takes to the Streets of Pittsburgh
- Steel City’s New Wheels
- Jeff Schneider Interview at Structure Data
- Artificial Intelligence for Robotics: Programming a Robotic Car
- Scanse’s Sweep: Scanning LIDAR for Everyone
AI by the Bay Conference
What’s Up with NLP at Quora?
Conference Calls: AI’s Killer App?